Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US court says polygamy kids must be returned to parents

2 posters

Go down

US court says polygamy kids must be returned to parents Empty US court says polygamy kids must be returned to parents

Post by submarinepainter Sat May 31, 2008 6:08 am

AFP - Fri May 30, 4:29 AM ET

AUSTIN, Texas (AFP) - The Texas Supreme Court ruled that 468 children seized from a polygamist sect must be returned to their parents, saying state child welfare officials had overstepped their authority.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080530/ts_afp/usrightspolygamysectchildrensexcourt;_ylt=AoUsAWCkn2oMx_Xki1TaWC9MEP0E
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 566
Locale : taxationland Maine
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

US court says polygamy kids must be returned to parents Empty Re: US court says polygamy kids must be returned to parents

Post by Bilbo Baggins Sat May 31, 2008 6:29 am

Well maybe that is for the best, but I have fears that it isn't. Perhaps the authorities acted irresponsibly and outside of the law in taking these children, but I have concerns about the society and culture they are being raised in. Have to keep an eye on this one I think.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
The guy who makes it interesting
The guy who makes it interesting

Number of posts : 390
Locale : New Zealand
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

US court says polygamy kids must be returned to parents Empty Re: US court says polygamy kids must be returned to parents

Post by submarinepainter Sat May 31, 2008 11:45 am

Bilbo Baggins wrote:Well maybe that is for the best, but I have fears that it isn't. Perhaps the authorities acted irresponsibly and outside of the law in taking these children, but I have concerns about the society and culture they are being raised in. Have to keep an eye on this one I think.

we should only be concerned with the facts , religion is up to the individual, the government did not have the evidence together
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 566
Locale : taxationland Maine
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum