Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP?

+3
GD2GO
old goat
KSigMason
7 posters

Go down

President Savage??

How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP? I_vote_lcap67%How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP? I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP? I_vote_lcap33%How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP? Empty How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP?

Post by KSigMason Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:26 pm

How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP?
Radio talk-show host confirms consideration of bid for White House

Michael Savage, the radio talk-show host whose books at Shop.WND.com include "The Enemy Within" and "Liberalism in a Mental Disorder: Savage Solutions," says he may leave the airwaves to make a bid for the presidency.

"I would think that somebody who's not a politician might be a viable candidate," Savage said. "I know it sounds bizarre but when you consider the people running for the presidency, none … [appear] qualified," he said in an online interview.

Savage, whose first books were published by WND, is now the nation's third-most popular talk-show host on radio.

He's based at KNEW in the San Francisco area, and launched "Savage Nation" in 2000. His Talk Radio Network has about 8 million fans listening to more than 370 stations weekly.

The report, carried on his SavageNation.com website, said although his chances of being elected might be small, he's sure he could move the Republican Party back in the direction of its conservative roots.

"A non-politician who has a very large following, who is very conservative, and who believes in a simple message of borders, language, and culture has a great chance of electrifying the American people," he noted.

Other current candidates simply mimic "sound bytes," he said.

The personality holds forth for three hours daily on his show, and has the impact to spark national news. He was credited with bringing the Dubai Ports dispute, in which a proposed agreement would have handed the operation of U.S. ports to a Middle East company, to national attention.

The resulting outcry forced the plan to fail.

He's also written a series of best sellers, and his latest, "The Political Zoo," is a satirical criticism of both Republicans and Democrats.

He said he can do no harm, since the GOP in its current state is incapable of winning. He said on the Republican side, the "Bush dynasty" has stifled all debate in recent years, and his goal will be to rekindle that.

"The debate must be moved to the people away from the politicians," he said.

However, vice-presidential candidates shouldn't be lining up just yet. "I'm just exploring," he said. "I could not continue to do my radio show. I've been told that once you've declared yourself a candidate and you're openly running, you have to give up your career in the media for obviously good reasons."

The front-runners brought no praise from Savage.

Sen. John McCain "ran in the mantle of Barry Goldwater and then he completely humiliated that legacy by being a senator in the mold of a Rockefeller Republican…" Savage said.

On Rudy Giuliana, he said, "not a ghost of a chance…"

As for Mitt Romeny, he's, "all over the map."

And Newt Gingrich? "Unelectable because he has too much history."

"There is only one major issue … It's interconnected to the border. The border and the war on terror are interrelated. Bush cannot have it both ways. He cannot say he's fighting the war on terror over there and leaving the door to Mexico of its hinges over here…"

And as for the war in Iraq. "Use the techniques that have been used in all previous modern wars. Use air power to decimate the enemy in his stronghold – the Sunni triangle, and the area where the Mahdi army is – Sadr City, and then send tanks in with the men behind the tanks to mop up."

He dismisses worries over global warming. "What caused the ice ages to recede? Man did not industrialize the earth until the 19th century."

SOURCE
This would pull me back towards the GOP.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP? Empty Re: How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP?

Post by old goat Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:32 pm

I like a lot of what Savage has to say, but I don't think he is electible. Another thing I read a couple of months ago is that he is really moonbat and just does the talk thing to get $$. I can't say as I really believed that article, but with someone who has no record whatsoever on how they VOTE on things you could be getting something other than what you want.
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 255
Locale : Syracuse, NY - the Liberal Mecca State
Registration date : 2007-01-17

http://yankeefansunite.eamped.com/

Back to top Go down

How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP? Empty Re: How's 'President Savage' sound to GOP?

Post by GD2GO Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Michael Savage, Interesting character.

Opinions?
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Obama Rulz Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Savage is a perfect example of why we need the Fairness Doctrine. He's a raving lunatic. He had the nerve to call the Obama administration a "gang of racists".
Obama Rulz
Obama Rulz
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Obama Rulz wrote:Savage is a perfect example of why we need the Fairness Doctrine. He's a raving lunatic. He had the nerve to call the Obama administration a "gang of racists".

The problem is the 'fairness doctrine' isnt fair, its biased like everything else the left does.

Heres an idea, try standing on your OWN merits and not government mandated ones and maybe there'd be less problems between sides of the aisle

Same can be said for those using race as a crutch come to think of it
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 515
Locale : S. Florida
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.conservativecore.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Obama Rulz Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:01 pm

The few corporations that run ALL of the talk radio stations in America do not give progressive radio hosts air time. They are slanted so far to the right that it is not even funny.
Obama Rulz
Obama Rulz
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Obama Rulz wrote:The few corporations that run ALL of the talk radio stations in America do not give progressive radio hosts air time. They are slanted so far to the right that it is not even funny.

And so what? The left controls all of the MSM including all the news channels and most papers, hence why Obama got elected. Even Fox news is owned by Liberals, they just keep it 'conservative' for ratings
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Back to top Go down

Post by Remo Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Obama Rulz wrote:The few corporations that run ALL of the talk radio stations in America do not give progressive radio hosts air time. They are slanted so far to the right that it is not even funny.

Then how do you explain the catastrophic failure of Air America? It was well financed by leftists and couldn't draw an audience. Why? Because liberal talk is BORING.
Remo
Remo

Number of posts : 87
Locale : A secure location
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by submarinepainter Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Obama Rulz wrote:Savage is a perfect example of why we need the Fairness Doctrine. He's a raving lunatic. He had the nerve to call the Obama administration a "gang of racists".

all the stations would change format rather than air uninteresting liberal talk . liberals do not listen to AM radio . The fairness Doctrine is far from fair and will only encourage the right to unite , so I SAY try it libtards
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 566
Locale : taxationland Maine
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:37 am

And yet his show survives while Liberal airwaves suffer.

The 'Fairness Doctrine' is just as slanted as 'Affirmative Action'.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Obama Rulz Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:22 am

KSigMason wrote:

His show was canceled on MSNBC because they saw what a homophobic bigot he is.
Obama Rulz
Obama Rulz
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:45 am

I see you once again dodge the issue and throw some thing else out there instead...what a tool
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Back to top Go down

Post by Remo Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:20 pm

Obama Rulz wrote:
KSigMason wrote:

His show was canceled on MSNBC because they saw what a homophobic bigot he is.

I don't think he was afraid of homos. He just didn't like the militant mutant homosexuals.
Neither do I.
Remo
Remo

Number of posts : 87
Locale : A secure location
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum