Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government admits lying about jailed border agents

2 posters

Go down

Government admits lying about jailed border agents Empty Government admits lying about jailed border agents

Post by KSigMason Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:49 pm

Government admits lying about jailed border agents
Inspector confronted on Capitol Hill, says promised 'proof' does not exist

A Department of Homeland Security official admitted today the agency misled Congress when it contended it possessed investigative reports proving Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean confessed guilt and declared they "wanted to shoot some Mexicans" prior to the incident that led to their imprisonment.

FULL ARTICLE
So because someone misled this information these men are behind bars, dirt thrown at them, and then beat in jail.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Government admits lying about jailed border agents Empty Re: Government admits lying about jailed border agents

Post by Buzzy Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:51 pm

This case represents exactly what is wrong with the Bush administration.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me

Back to top Go down

Government admits lying about jailed border agents Empty Re: Government admits lying about jailed border agents

Post by KSigMason Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:01 am

Buzzy wrote:This case represents exactly what is wrong with the Bush administration.
And it's overall stance on ILLEGAL immigratin and the criminals who are exploiting the weakness of our border.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:19 am

Watching the news today I just about shot my TV seeing the NAFTA Highway NeoCons crowing about Bush's budget adding thousands of new Border Patrol Agents.

It's just smoke and mirrors since apparently the Bush administration is dead set against allowing these same agents to defend themselves. I would guess they want them to act like the National Guard did when armed Mexicans invaded our nation a while back, retreat. Apparently it's the same smoke and mirror trick used when ICE stages those great illegal alien round ups while they haven't levied a fine against an employer since 2003.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:42 am

Sorry to double post but the Ramos and Compean case can't be allowed to fade from the public's mind, especially now that one of the Agents has been badly beaten in prison. This case is getting coverage now, OReilly had a good segment on it last night and now is the right time for a surge of support for the Agents to get them released pending an appeal (the trial transcript has not even been released yet) and to shine a bright light into exactly who the Bush Administration has told these lies to. I posted the following on Hugh Hewitt's blog @ Townhall and also think it's appropriate here.

I’m not surprised at the length of time it has taken the trial transcript to be released, it often takes a long time. I am concerned that Congress was lied to about supposed vital facts of the case.

I know trials and have been involved in thousands of investigations and many hundred trials. Looking at this case we know that whether the drug smuggler had a gun or not is only supported by the word of the drug smuggler that he was not and the Agents that he was. There we’re no other witnesses or video of the incident. The criminal escaped back into Mexico and could have easily carried a weapon with him. If he had a gun and raised it towards the agents would any jury in the nation convict them? However, any prosecutor knows that with such tainted testimony as from a drug smuggler only talking due to immunity you have to corroborate the scumbags testimony. Speaking without the transcript I would venture that there was testimony to the effect that the agents:
1. confessed to knowingly shooting at an unarmed suspect;
2. stated during the interrogation they did not believe the suspect was a threat to them at the time of the shooting;
3. stated that day they “wanted to shoot a Mexican”;
4. were belligerent to investigators;
5. destroyed evidence and lied to investigators.

I actually can’t see what else would have swayed a jury to believe a drug smuggling scumbag over two Border Patrol agents in this case. I eagerly await the transcript and if this is indeed the case then I will expect Sutton, all the way to Chertoff to end up in the same exact jails the agents were sent to. We can’t let this fade away.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down