Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CIA interrogation tapes

4 posters

Go down

CIA interrogation tapes Empty CIA interrogation tapes

Post by Bilbo Baggins Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:58 pm

Again, I've waiting to see if any conservatives would post anything about this, but again its evident that you guys avoid bad news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7134860.stm -- Gives a reasonable overview of events.

So what do we think? Looks pretty bad to me, at best the CIA has been grossly incompetent. What seems to have been a largely ignored point is that if Bush knew about these tapes, and approved/allowed their destruction, then he broke the law and is potentially impeachable.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
The guy who makes it interesting

Number of posts : 390
Locale : New Zealand
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

CIA interrogation tapes Empty Re: CIA interrogation tapes

Post by GD2GO Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:10 pm

CIA should be effectively interrogating islamonazis, then killing them.
Any leaks of their activities are treasonous and media outlets reporting them should be dealt with swiftly and with finality.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:15 pm

We should have made multiple tapes of us force feeding the scumbags pork and sent them to al jazerra.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:59 pm

I was writing something in response to this, but I had finals to worry about. The media is madly waiving the Constitution, saying the have the right to print this stuff, regardless of if it endangers the national defense. Media and their employees feel they have no moral responsibility towards this country. They just look for the shock and awe, what's going to get them ratings, and their 15-minutes of fame.

If it doesn't infringe on any American's rights, and it protects the sovereignty and the people of this land, then the media has no right to expose the security measures. beer is right, it is treasonous when the media exposes our governments inner workings.

IMO, the media has no conscience.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbo Baggins Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:10 pm

People should know if their government is using torture!! If these tapes showed water-boarding (which some suspect they did) or other torture methods then this is a cover-up pure and simple. The media is meant to be a check on the government, and they have a right to question certain practices or actions of government departments. Lets remember that in June 2005 a federal judge ordered the administration to safeguard "all evidence and information regarding the torture, mistreatment, and abuse of detainees now at the United States naval base at Guantanamo Bay", yet these tapes were destroyed five months later. They illegally destroyed these tapes, and if Bush knew about it, he should be in deep shit.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins

Number of posts : 390
Locale : New Zealand
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:28 pm

Bilbo Baggins wrote:People should know if their government is using torture!! If these tapes showed water-boarding (which some suspect they did) or other torture methods then this is a cover-up pure and simple. The media is meant to be a check on the government, and they have a right to question certain practices or actions of government departments. Lets remember that in June 2005 a federal judge ordered the administration to safeguard "all evidence and information regarding the torture, mistreatment, and abuse of detainees now at the United States naval base at Guantanamo Bay", yet these tapes were destroyed five months later. They illegally destroyed these tapes, and if Bush knew about it, he should be in deep shit.
Some forms of tortue I don't agree with, but water-boarding isn't torture - it doesn't leave any emotional, physical, or mental marks. If interrogating these Islamo bastards saves one American life, then I don't care.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:57 am

I've been waterboarded and while it isn't a nice experience I wouldn't call it torture. Probably on the high end of allowable tactics but nothing like what the Taliban or al Qaeda does to anyone they capture and much less than what the NOKs and NVA did to captured soldiers. I keep wondering exactly why everyone is concerned about what the Islamofascists think. They mutilate our servicemen alive and then kill them slowly and display their bodies hanging from bridges etc. Do these sissy congressmen really think they aren't laughing at the fact that we "waterboard" their guys and then let them get fat as pigs ( pig ) in Gitmo.

No, and you can't give some of these slime ball congressmen any tape or information which might hurt the US, they'll use it in a minute because they are more interested in winning the white house or congress than they are in winning the war.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:43 am

I've also been waterboarded.
Sucked big time. But not torture.
I know who people who gone through actual torture, at the hands of Saddam's minions, Syrians, NVA, Russians and others. Waterboarding doesn't even approach torture.

I used to think we needed to take the moral high ground and not stoop to the tactics of the islamonazis.
Now I know that is wrong. These savages need to have all useful information extracted from them and then turned into landfill.
There is no reason for their continued existence. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

--------------------------------
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:58 pm

I've never been water-boarded, but some shit-heads that were almost twice my age tried drowning me. Then on another occasion I almost drowned in a river.

I know friends who have been waterboarded and they say the same thing iluvfreebeer and buzzy have; it sucks, but not torture.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content