Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold Temperatures Proof of Global Warming?

3 posters

Go down

Cold Temperatures Proof of Global Warming? Empty Cold Temperatures Proof of Global Warming?

Post by GD2GO Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:49 am

Cold Temperatures Proof of Global Warming? Uschill
Cold Temperatures Proof of Global Warming? Ne12607

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/news-top-headline.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0

(State College, PA) - Today will be the coldest day in the Northeast so far this winter, and morning temperatures were the coldest in nearly two years. Temperatures will moderate Saturday before another blast of arctic air arrives Monday.

The combination of a dip in the jetstream, the arctic air firmly in place and biting northwest winds today will create dangerously low RealFeel® temperatures across the Northeast.

Early this morning, the temperature in New York City plummeted to 9°, the coldest temperature in the city since Jan. 28, 2005. That was the last time Boston experienced a temperature as cold as this morning's reading of 3°.

The strong northwest wind is making the air feel significantly colder than the actual temperature. In Greenville, Maine, RealFeel® temperatures this morning bottomed out at -35°.

The strong winds blowing across the warm waters of the Great Lakes Thursday produced heavy lake-effect snow squalls to the lee of the lakes. Whiteout conditions near Erie, Pa., Thursday resulted in a 50-vehicle chain reaction collision on Interstate 90 that left one person dead and several injured.

More than 20 tractor trailers were involved, including a number of tanker trucks. A spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency says hazmat teams were sent to the site; however, none of the tanker trucks were damaged.

Pennsylvania State Police closed I-90 and Interstate 79 south of Erie. A dispatcher this morning told Accuweather.com that both highways have been reopened.

The News Summaries page has details on snowfall totals across the Northeast Thursday.

Brutal cold will continue to grip the Northeast today, with RealFeel® temperatures in or below the single digits throughout the day north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Cold Temperatures Proof of Global Warming? Blast12607
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Cold Temperatures Proof of Global Warming? Empty Re: Cold Temperatures Proof of Global Warming?

Post by GD2GO Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:54 am

I will personally take credit for ending global warming.
For the last two weeks I've been driving my Hybrid and my truck has been parked.
Problem solved.

For my next act, I will personally solve the new Global Cooling problem.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Cold Temperatures Proof of Global Warming? Empty Re: Cold Temperatures Proof of Global Warming?

Post by Buzzy Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:05 pm

I accept the fact that we're in a global warming CYCLE but I have severe doubts that it is anything more than a cycle. Looking back through history there are warmer times and colder times. Man made catastophic global warming is nothing more than a trendy scare tactic for some leftists agenda.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:59 pm

I wish Al Gore could have come to Southern Arizona last Monday when we received a few inches of snow. This last month has been the one of the coldest in history.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down