Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infanticide in China

3 posters

Go down

Infanticide in China Empty Infanticide in China

Post by KSigMason Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:39 pm

Infanticide in China
By IDARNG_Loki

Merriam-Webster Dictionary wrote:Infanticide:

1 : the killing of an infant
2 [Late Latin infanticida, from Latin infant-, infans + -i- + -cida -cide] : one who kills an infant

Due to China's excessive population the government has inacted a one-child policy. In this culture a boy is viewed as a worker, or soldier, while a girl is seen as "damaged goods" so if the parents have to pick they will kill the girl. When the Communists took over in the mid-1900s they abolished the practice, but in the 1980s census started showing an upward trend of "missing" female children. This practice has killed off millions of girls. This horrible autrocity is occurs on a daily basis since the government does nothing to stop it and in rural areas girls are abandoned if the parents so desire. How is this going to affect China and it's population?

For one it will evetually cause a severa implosion in their population. The sex ratio is so low that several million men will not have a wife. These men will grow old and probably die around the same time which will cause a shift in the age groups. It will also kill off several ancient families which is very ironic because the boy is spared since he will carry the family name and honor, but then is hindered because he can't find a mate.

This will also affect their military because if they have a population drop and they are low on women then where will they get their next warriors? The rest of the world also helps provide the Chinese with food because they can only harvest food on 10% of the land, the rest you are unable to grow anything on. In the future this mega-drop in the population will affect many economies since you see "Made in China" on most goods nowadays.

With such a low sex ratio and the country in turmoil, how will the Chinese get women to repopulate? They can't abolish it anymore than they did 50-years ago becaus the people won't obey. Will they invade a country? Doubtful. The most likely will be kidnapping and human smuggling. Human smuggling will help them, but cause stress and tension in other regions. Not to mention that many of those being smuggled will perish on their way to China.

Another twist that just hit me is that what about homosexuality? Their is such a low sex ratio and the people (mainly men) live close together I wouldn't be surprised that these people may move to homosexuality. If this were to come to pass diseases such as AIDs would run rampant through the country. This epidemic would definately control their population, but also threaten other countries who associate with them. China has their double-edged sword right to their heads and they have some serious decisions to make. For one, they are trying to build their military while their population is teetering on the verge of destruction. Could China, and not the US, be the next Roman Empire and be the ones who fall on their faces?

If they fall what will happen to the world? This economic power falling would be like dropping a pebble into a pond. Everyone will feel the ripple, but for good or bad. Who knows? To me China looks like a balloon; looks real big and bad, but all it takes is a little prick and it will blow up and be done.

Hope you enjoyed the article.

SOURCES:
Search engines:
- Infanticide in China
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Infanticide in China Empty Re: Infanticide in China

Post by Buzzy Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Another nicely done article Loki. I'm hoping you tackle China's economic policies next.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:22 pm

Buzzy wrote:Another nicely done article Loki. I'm hoping you tackle China's economic policies next.
I will be looking into parts of it. Might be a few days before I post it since my training takes up most of my day and night.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:05 pm

I do understand and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:44 am

Selective infanticide has centuries of history in China.
It's the result of being pagans.

Which will make our impending war with them a major challenge. They have ZERO respect for human life.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:05 pm

iluvfreebeer wrote:Selective infanticide has centuries of history in China.
It's the result of being pagans.

Which will make our impending war with them a major challenge. They have ZERO respect for human life.
You would think with centuries of infanticide they would have a better control on their population. Chinese are like a bunch of rabbits. albino albino
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content