Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priest fired for beating drug addicts

3 posters

Go down

Priest fired for beating drug addicts Empty Priest fired for beating drug addicts

Post by submarinepainter Wed May 27, 2009 7:09 pm

BELGRADE (Reuters) – The Serbian Orthodox Church has dismissed a priest running a treatment center for drug addicts after videos showed patients being kicked and punched.

Bishop Artemije, in charge of the Rasko-Prizrenska diocese, said he ordered an inquiry into the activities of priest Branislav Peranovic at the Crna Reka center, about 300 kilometers (187 miles) southwest of the capital Belgrade.

"We will shut down the facility if the reports about beatings and violence persist," Artemije said in a statement.

The bishop said he decided against closing it "after numerous pleadings by the patients and their parents."

"We are also asking state authorities to investigate the matter and punish those responsible," the statement said.

Last week, the Holy Synod, the church's top body, asked Artemije to shut down the center that houses about 200 patients near the southwestern city of Novi Pazar.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090527/od_nm/us_church

What the Fuck?????
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 566
Locale : taxationland Maine
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Priest fired for beating drug addicts Empty Re: Priest fired for beating drug addicts

Post by Popov Thu May 28, 2009 2:12 am

wow must be a slow news week if this is newsworthy
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Character sheet

https://conservative-life.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Priest fired for beating drug addicts Empty Re: Priest fired for beating drug addicts

Post by submarinepainter Thu May 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Popov wrote:wow must be a slow news week if this is newsworthy

I won't post here anymore if that is what you wish?
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Remo Fri May 29, 2009 10:50 am

I'm not anti religion, but I don't have the faith in it I once did. And "rehab", is generally an industry. The best, most proven way, is the 12 step program of AA & NA, and YOU need to be responsible for it.
Remo
Remo

Number of posts : 87
Locale : A secure location
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by submarinepainter Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Remo wrote:I'm not anti religion, but I don't have the faith in it I once did. And "rehab", is generally an industry. The best, most proven way, is the 12 step program of AA & NA, and YOU need to be responsible for it.

I just felt the Priest was over stepping his bounds.
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 am

hey don't get me wrong - this is pretty messed up - but there's plenty of other stuff going on in the world that's more newsworthy - hence my comment

men of the cloth should never use violence - it sends the wrong message
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Character sheet

https://conservative-life.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by submarinepainter Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Popov wrote:hey don't get me wrong - this is pretty messed up - but there's plenty of other stuff going on in the world that's more newsworthy - hence my comment

men of the cloth should never use violence - it sends the wrong message

I agree, I also like to post something different now and then, Hoping to add to the board and further the debate Very Happy
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum