Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rudy for Pres???

4 posters

Go down

Rudy for Pres??? Empty Rudy for Pres???

Post by old goat Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:52 pm

Rudy Guilliani is one who I view as socially moonbat. Abortion, gay marriage and so on are things he doesn't have a problem with. That puts him out of the race on the GOP ticket... or does it?

When you think about what a President can do regarding these issues, you see it's very limited. The only real influence that he can have on them is through appointments in the Judiciary. So, we have a man who is moonbat in a number of ways, however, look at his take on the judiciary.

On the Federal judiciary I would want judges who are strict constructionists because I am. I'm a lawyer. I've argued cases in the Supreme Court. I've argued cases in the Court of Appeals in different parts of the country. I have a very, very strong view that for this country to work, for our freedoms to be protected, judges have to interpret not invent the Constitution. Otherwise you end up, when judges invent the constitution, with your liberties being hurt. Because legislatures get to make those decisions and the legislature in South Carolina might make that decision one way and the legislature in California a different one. And that's part of our freedom and when that's taken away from you that's terrible.
President Bush has the great model because I think as the President he did appointed some really good ones and both of them are former colleagues of mine - Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito. Justice Scalia is a former colleague of mine. Somebody that … I think Chief Justice Roberts is a great chief justice and he's young and he can have a long career and that's probably the reason the President and Vice President chose him. I think those are the kinds of justices I would appoint – Scalia, Alito and Roberts. If you can find anybody as good as that, you are very, very fortunate.

If he would look to go for a constructionist for the role of judges, then it could mean a change in the stupid Roe v Wade ruling - allowing it to go back to the states. That would kill abortion as a major political issue on the National level, and allow the states to represent the people of that state. It would open the door to state legislation regarding Gay marriage which has failed over and over again.

If this is the way he would truly be, I might be able to vote for him. I could care less what his personal stance on social issues might be, if he were really looking to push these issues back to the states rather than having the Federal dictate them.

I think he could be good in the WOT. He could also defuse some of the political party fights as he will appear moonbat in the social sense. He would be preferred to Hillary and McLame.
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 255
Locale : Syracuse, NY - the Liberal Mecca State
Registration date : 2007-01-17

http://yankeefansunite.eamped.com/

Back to top Go down

Rudy for Pres??? Empty Re: Rudy for Pres???

Post by Buzzy Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:07 pm

"From today's Chicago Sun Times:

Giuliani wants to 'regularize' immigrants to improve safety:
Turning 11 million illegal immigrants into criminals is not the way to secure the nation's borders or prevent another terrorist attack, former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani said Tuesday.

The way to do that is to "regularize," document, photograph and fingerprint immigrants to drive what Giuliani called "this vast underground" above ground....

"The president is right to support a guest-workers program," Giuliani said. "If we recognize it, document it, photograph it and know who and what it is, then we can concentrate our attention on the people who aren't coming in to be guest workers but are coming in to bomb us, or coming in to sell heroin or cocaine or to launder money.

"By having this vast underground, we are much more insecure," said Giuliani, a former U.S. attorney. "And by trying to do the impossible, we're much more insecure. If you have 11 million people in this country who are illegal or undocumented, and you have similar numbers coming in through this underground, that is a much, much more dangerous situation for terrorists to exploit, drug dealers to exploit and other criminals to exploit."

...On Tuesday, Giuliani acknowledged that the immigration issue has divided his Republican Party and the nation. But that's partly because it's being conducted "as a theoretical debate," when immigration is "a fact" of life, he said.

"People want to come to the United States. That is a good thing. We want people to want to come to the United States. That means we're still the shining city on the hill. We're still the place [where] people see greater opportunity, greater freedom, a better way to create a better life for themselves and their families," he said
."

Rudy only thinks that we've been having a theoretical debate over alien invaders. I wish he would come down this way and ride for a night with me. I could show him some immigration "facts of life".

Also notice that Rudy didn't mention securing the border to keep even more of his beloved "undocumented" aliens out.

Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss. I won't be voting for Rudy or McLain. May not vote at all since I won't vote for Hillary or Osama either. Matter of principle.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:44 pm

Rudy is a fuckig lib.
I'd no more vote for him than I would for that rag tango Obama.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by old goat Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:52 pm

I guess he figured he wouldn't be able to get a good housecleaner. affraid

There needs to be someone who is for border control, lower taxes, constructionist SCOTUS appointments, ect... regardless of party to run, or we will see Hildabeast as president. No
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:48 am

I still like Newt for the job. I finally got his book "Winning the Future" today and skipped right to the chapter on "patriotic immigration". I was surprised to see that he too believes that any illegal wanting a work visa should have to return to their home country to make application. He also points out that the US, by not enforcing immigration laws, is cheapening our entire culture. He also supports increasing the number of work visas provided they pay taxes, obey our laws and customs, and sign a deportation at will waiver.

Newt is doing well in the straw polls even though he isn't running and I think that he would team up well with Michael Steele, Tom Tancredo, or Duncan Hunter. Honestly that may well be the only chance the GOP has in 2008.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:04 am

I certainly liked Newt back 94 . . . but he's lost his luster since then. Not because of the media attacks on him, but because he seems to have made some 'temperate' moves to the middle.

I didn't read his book. If his stances are what they were back n 94, I like him.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:54 pm

rudy might have a point... but i think that if you're talking about the mob, about drug runners and terrorists, that the guys who are worth the while, the pros, don't pretend to be illegal aliens but get the proper documentation and whatnot but with a different name or something - the real professionals in the criminal / terrorist world aren't gonna just come into the country as undocumented illegals..... or at least im assuming that this isn't common practice, then again im just assuming all of this...
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Character sheet
test: 1

https://conservative-life.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by old goat Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:35 pm

With as many who cross the borders at will, how can you tell if they are terrorists or not? Plus many cross the border illegally with fake papers, they don't want to get caught entering on fake papers, that would kill their mission.
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:42 pm

Popov, we've all had to deal with the professional criminals who indeed seldom if ever enter the country walking barefoot across the South Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California desert but the criminality that the new illegals are inflicting on the US are not any more professional than the Crips or Bloods criminal street gangs are. Sure they deliver, distribute and sell the Cartel's drugs, perform murder for hire, and have in their numbers untold thousands of convicted rapists, thieves, and murderers released from Mexican jails and sent north in droves but they are considered expendable mules and narco soldiers by the Cartels.

I favor immigration and know that the Mexican government has steadfastly refused to streamline turning over their records on people who want to immigrate so that the process can be done faster and securely. Their interests lie in keeping an uncontrolled open border and I can well imagine that the same corporate interests paid them off just as they bought the GOP and Democrats here, for cheap labor and maximum profits and the law be damned, the US be damned, every nation in the world be damned.

I'm not anti capitalism. There are things that are right and things that are wrong. The US is a nation of laws, which are subject to debate and change by the people and the persons they elect to represent their wishes in government. Where our government has gone off the track is when our elected officials choose to represent corporate interests over the will of the people. This came about by making it possible for corporations to own politicians via campaign contributions well in excess of what any citizen could legally make. Corporations own our government on both sides of the aisle. George Soros owns the Democrats and only God knows who owns George Bush and the GOP these days. I only know it isn't the citizens or our borders would be controlled, legal immigration would be much faster and a safe secure method of guestworker labor would be in place. It can easily be done, maybe big corporate agribusiness might not make record profits but it would be fair and legal, preserve American jobs and allow foreigners to make good money after taxes and send parts of their profits home to their families.

No, I will not vote for corporate shills like Hillary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, John McCain, or Barak Hussain Obama. I might vote for Newt Gingrich or Mitt Romney because of their common sense approaches to criminal immigration but if they don't act to shut down corporate globalization for profit and social globalization in general I'll decry them in a heartbeat. It is a matter of principle.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:33 am

you know honestly i can't think of any guys who stand a chance at winning the presidency who AREN'T sleeping with corporate America, and i don't even have to look at the candidates to tell - it's simple - big campaigns need big funds, big funds come from big business, so unfortunately im guessing the situation that you describe is gonna continue for a while. im assuming that change will be slow and that eventually some kind of customs union will be formed with your southern neighbor, but that will take time, and until then, a wall is unrealistic and nobodys gonna make the border look like the ones in spanish parts of northern africa because of the interests you pointed out
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Character sheet
test: 1

https://conservative-life.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum