Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Research: God did speak world into existence

3 posters

Go down

Do you believe that science can prove God's creation

Research: God did speak world into existence I_vote_lcap75%Research: God did speak world into existence I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Research: God did speak world into existence I_vote_lcap0%Research: God did speak world into existence I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Research: God did speak world into existence I_vote_lcap25%Research: God did speak world into existence I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Research: God did speak world into existence Empty Research: God did speak world into existence

Post by KSigMason Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:04 am

Research: God did speak world into existence
Student's scientific documentation offers evidence of biblical account

A science student in Kentucky says when the Bible records God spoke, and things were created, that's just what happened, and he can support that with scientific experiments.

FULL ARTICLE

SCIENCE PROVES CREATION
It's an interesting read. I wonder how the anti-religious zealots are going to react.

I was talking with a Rabbi a few weeks ago when we got talking about Genesis and he says that in the original Hebrew that the Bible doesn't say "In the beginning", but rather "In a beginning". That would put a damper on those that doubt that God created the world.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Research: God did speak world into existence Empty Re: Research: God did speak world into existence

Post by GD2GO Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:42 pm

I don't think science can DISPROVE God.
But I'm not certain it can PROVE the exisitence of God either. Particularly for those without faith in the first place.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Research: God did speak world into existence Empty Re: Research: God did speak world into existence

Post by old goat Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:26 pm

IDARNG_Loki wrote:...
I was talking with a Rabbi a few weeks ago when we got talking about Genesis and he says that in the original Hebrew that the Bible doesn't say "In the beginning", but rather "In a beginning". That would put a damper on those that doubt that God created the world.
I don't know, "In a beginning" sounds like there were multiple beginnings, which opens the door to all kinds of arguments. Besides, I don't think Hebrew contains tenses as our language does, making it very hard to translate and maintain the same meaning.
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 255
Locale : Syracuse, NY - the Liberal Mecca State

http://yankeefansunite.eamped.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:39 pm

I have heard a Rabbi say that before. But he was translating from Hebrew. The original text of Genesis was written in Old Aramaic (not to be confused with Assyrian Aramaic, Middle Aramaic or Modern Aramaic. There are slight differences between all of these.
Hebrew and Arabic are both based on the various stages of Aramaic. Just as English is based upon the teutonic languages of Germanic people.

But as you know, speaking English does not mean one can speak German, and vice versa.

The most scholarly studies of the Aramaic believe it is one area that translates easily as "in THE beginning" as opposed to A beginning. Even the Peshitta is in agreement with this. Remember, when translating from Hebrew, it has already been translated several times to get it from Aramaic to Hebrew to English.

Just in case you speak Aramaic, here is the Assyrian Aramaic text of Matthew (Sorry, couldn't find Genesis online quickly) It differs slightly from the Middle Aramaic which was spoken during the time of Jesus.

1 ܟ݁ܬ݂ܳܒ݂ܳܐ ܕ݁ܺܝܠܺܝܕ݂ܽܘܬ݂ܶܗ ܕ݁ܝܶܫܽܘܥ ܡܫܺܝܚܳܐ ܒ݁ܪܶܗ ܕ݁ܕ݂ܰܘܺܝܕ݂ ܒ݁ܪܶܗ ܕ݁ܰܐܒ݂ܪܳܗܳܡ܂ 2 ܐܰܒ݂ܪܳܗܳܡ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܺܐܝܣܚܳܩ ܐܺܝܣܚܳܩ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܝܰܥܩܽܘܒ݂ ܝܰܥܩܽܘܒ݂ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܺܝܗܽܘܕ݂ܳܐ ܘܠܰܐܚܰܘܗ݈ܝ܂ 3 ܝܺܗܽܘܕ݂ܳܐ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܦ݂ܰܪܨ ܘܰܠܙܰܪܚ ܡܶܢ ܬ݁ܳܡܳܪ ܦ݁ܰܪܨ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܚܶܨܪܳܘܢ ܚܶܨܪܽܘܢ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܳܐܪܳܡ܂ 4 ܐܳܪܳܡ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܥܰܡܺܝܢܳܕ݂ܳܒ݂ ܥܰܡܺܝܢܳܕ݂ܳܒ݂ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܢܰܚܫܳܘܢ ܢܰܚܫܽܘܢ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܣܰܠܡܳܘܢ܂ 5 ܣܰܠܡܳܘܢ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܒ݂ܳܥܳܙ ܡܶܢ ܪܳܚܳܒ݂ ܒ݁ܳܥܳܙ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܥܽܘܒ݂ܺܝܕ݂ ܡܶܢ ܪܳܥܽܘܬ݂ ܥܽܘܒ݂ܺܝܕ݂ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܺܐܝܫܰܝ܂ 6 ܐܺܝܫܰܝ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܕ݂ܰܘܺܝܕ݂ ܡܰܠܟ݁ܳܐ ܕ݁ܰܘܺܝܕ݂ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܰܫܠܶܝܡܳܘܢ ܡܶܢ ܐܰܢ݈ܬ݁ܬ݂ܶܗ ܕ݁ܽܐܘܪܺܝܳܐ܂ 7 ܫܠܶܝܡܽܘܢ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܰܪܚܰܒ݂ܥܰܡ ܪܚܰܒ݂ܥܰܡ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܰܐܒ݂ܺܝܳܐ ܐܰܒ݂ܺܝܳܐ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܳܐܣܳܐ܂ 8 ܐܳܣܳܐ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܝܳܗܽܘܫܳܦ݂ܳܛ ܝܳܗܽܘܫܳܦ݂ܳܛ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܝܽܘܪܳܡ ܝܽܘܪܳܡ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܥܽܘܙܺܝܳܐ܂ 9 ܥܽܘܙܺܝܳܐ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܝܽܘܬ݂ܳܡ ܝܽܘܬ݂ܳܡ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܳܐܚܳܙ ܐܳܚܳܙ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܚܶܙܰܩܝܳܐ܂ 10 ܚܶܙܰܩܝܳܐ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܰܡܢܰܫܶܐ ܡܢܰܫܶܐ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܰܐܡܽܘܢ ܐܰܡܽܘܢ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܝܽܘܫܺܝܳܐ܂ 11 ܝܽܘܫܺܝܳܐ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܝܽܘܟ݂ܰܢܝܳܐ ܘܠܰܐܚܰܘܗ݈ܝ ܒ݁ܓ݂ܳܠܽܘܬ݂ܳܐ ܕ݁ܒ݂ܳܒ݂ܶܠ܂ 12 ܡܶܢ ܒ݁ܳܬ݂ܰܪ ܓ݁ܳܠܽܘܬ݂ܳܐ ܕ݁ܶܝܢ ܕ݁ܒ݂ܳܒ݂ܶܠ ܝܽܘܟ݂ܰܢܝܳܐ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܫܶܠܰܬ݂ܺܐܝܠ ܫܶܠܰܬ݂ܺܐܝܠ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܙܽܘܪܒ݁ܳܒ݂ܶܠ܂ 13 ܙܽܘܪܒ݁ܳܒ݂ܶܠ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܰܐܒ݂ܺܝܽܘܕ݂ ܐܰܒ݂ܺܝܽܘܕ݂ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܶܐܠܝܳܩܺܝܡ ܐܶܠܝܳܩܺܝܡ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܥܳܙܽܘܪ܂ 14 ܥܳܙܽܘܪ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܙܳܕ݂ܽܘܩ ܙܳܕ݂ܽܘܩ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܰܐܟ݂ܺܝܢ ܐܰܟ݂ܺܝܢ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܶܐܠܺܝܽܘܕ݂܂ 15 ܐܶܠܺܝܽܘܕ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܶܐܠܺܝܥܳܙܳܪ ܐܶܠܺܝܥܳܙܳܪ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܡܳܬ݂ܳܢ ܡܳܬ݂ܳܢ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܝܰܥܩܽܘܒ݂܂ 16 ܝܰܥܩܽܘܒ݂ ܐܰܘܠܶܕ݂ ܠܝܰܘܣܶܦ݂ ܓ݁ܰܒ݂ܪܳܗ ܕ݁ܡܰܪܝܰܡ ܕ݁ܡܶܢܳܗ ܐܶܬ݂ܺܝܠܶܕ݂ ܝܶܫܽܘܥ ܕ݁ܡܶܬ݂ܩܪܶܐ ܡܫܺܝܚܳܐ܂ 17 ܟ݁ܽܠܗܶܝܢ ܗܳܟ݂ܺܝܠ ܫܰܪܒ݁ܳܬ݂ܳܐ ܡܶܢ ܐܰܒ݂ܪܳܗܳܡ ܥܕ݂ܰܡܳܐ ܠܕ݂ܰܘܺܝܕ݂ ܫܰܪܒ݁ܳܬ݂ܳܐ
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:56 am

That's some interesting reading. I'm going to look more into this. I gotta see if my University provides any theological studies. I may have to take a few when I get back to Idaho.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:02 am

IDARNG_Loki wrote:That's some interesting reading. I'm going to look more into this. I gotta see if my University provides any theological studies. I may have to take a few when I get back to Idaho.

What about dead languages courses? I think they provide an intesting insight into the evolvement of human communication. But I'm a language nut! Very Happy
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:36 pm

iluvfreebeer wrote:
IDARNG_Loki wrote:That's some interesting reading. I'm going to look more into this. I gotta see if my University provides any theological studies. I may have to take a few when I get back to Idaho.

What about dead languages courses? I think they provide an intesting insight into the evolvement of human communication. But I'm a language nut! Very Happy
My school has a limited selection on dead language courses.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by old goat Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:18 pm

I knew a guy in the elevator industry... brilliant guy, who had two doctorates in dead languages. He couldn't really do anything with them though. It was fancinating to talk to him. His understanding of those languages showed how poorly we understand the ancient world. Just the tenses that those languages used cause a lot of problems in translation. Hebrew is one such language.
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 255
Locale : Syracuse, NY - the Liberal Mecca State

http://yankeefansunite.eamped.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum