Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vet slams US Gov

2 posters

Go down

Vet slams US Gov Empty Vet slams US Gov

Post by KSigMason Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:00 pm

Okay, so it wasn't a national news story, but just a local story it was funny to read nonetheless.

I was sitting at a local McDonalds when I was reading a local Sierra Vista paper. I turned to th "OUR COMMUNITY" section where they did a special called "I BELIEVE" where they asked what their beliefs were on anything.

Harlan L Bradford Sr, an Army vet, had this to say:

I believe that the omnipotent power and guardian of Earth is not man. That the demise of a great nation may be predicated solely on one man's or one group's lust for power -- damn the nation and it's people. That peace and Democracy in Iraq lie solely with the Iraqi, not with the American political system

Most people see it. I see it. Most of us here see it. Yet, our government still thinks it is the solution to all the worlds problems. Military operations should be conducted and organized by military leaders while being watched by Congress. Congress thinks they are the collective leadership for the entire armed forces and place political pressure on the Generals to do their bidding. Politics doesn't belong in the military.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Vet slams US Gov Empty Re: Vet slams US Gov

Post by Buzzy Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am