Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to the Yankees?

2 posters

Go down

What happened to the Yankees? Empty What happened to the Yankees?

Post by old goat Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:14 am

I was going to put this under the complaints section, being a Yankee fan for decades.

What do you fellow Baseball fans think about what is wrong with the Yankees, aside from having terrible pitching from their starters?

Here is what I see. First, the guy who is supposed to work on getting players ALWAYS goes after more old talents than younger ones that may need some development. Cashman is probably the biggest cause of the meltdown we are seeing.

Johnson had been a waste of money. He just didn't have it. Him being dealt away was a good move, but he shouldn't have been taken in the first place.

Kei Igawa doesn't have control. He needs time in AAA ball to learn how to pitch here. He was a pick up from a knee jerk reaction to the Red Sux spending all that money on Dicey-K. (Who, by the way, I don't think is really all that good.)

Pavano... BIGGEST BUST OF ALL TIME. I don't think he wants to pitch. He is semi-retired. This year he's sore. I say, break his arm into little pieces and stick a fork in him. Send him down to the minors.

Mussina is not able to remain healthy. He is in his last year or two.

Pettitte will be a little touchy, but I think he is one of the better pitchers the Yanks have. Thats sad.

Rivera is losing some of his stuff. He was the best closer in history, and now Torre is under using him, which will further undermine his stuff.

Torre bears a lot of the blame. He pulls out pitchers too early. If the starter is in trouble, given what we have had so far this year, leave them in. Let them know they are going to the 7th or 8th, even if it means you are having the bowl the ball. Give the relief pitchers a rest. They weren't that bad in the beginning, but they are wiped out from coming in after 4 or 5 innings every fricking game.

He should send Melky back down. The boy has put on pounds and can't get out of his own blubber. He needs to get hungry again.

I think the Red Sux are going to crash later this year. Tek is getting older and it shows. Once he is out their pitching will be a bust. Manny looks pathetic. Granted he can still hit them out of the park, but he doesn't give a shit. Their pitching really isn't as great as their record indicates. Big Poopi is doing alright, but he looks like an old man jogging when he goes to take a base. He will end up being a lot of outs. Coco is a joke, right? I think he is in there for comic relief. He looks like a moron when he comes to the plate, and he always complains of being hurt. Youkillis is just plain, out and out the ugliest, scuzziest player in baseball. Even worse than Manny with his dreds. Where there is a lack of professionalism, the team will suffer. Dicey-K will crash and burn as he keeps facing REAL hitters. Wakefield will be spotty. Schilling is getting and looking old, he is another like Mussina who is really done and doesn't accept it yet.

I think the Jays will win the division. Orioles will take second place.
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 255
Locale : Syracuse, NY - the Liberal Mecca State
Registration date : 2007-01-17

http://yankeefansunite.eamped.com/

Back to top Go down

What happened to the Yankees? Empty Re: What happened to the Yankees?

Post by GD2GO Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:47 pm

I think you nailed it in your first sentence Goat.
It's the pitching. Without a strong rotation, well, Jeter can't win every game for them.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by old goat Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:46 pm

At least that rookie pulled one out today. Igawa had been pulled from the rotation, Karstens was up to pitch. He gets hit with a line drive from Lugo and bam... broken leg. THAT had to hurt.

I know a lot of people really don't like the Yankees, but they usually bring in big crowds. They are either a team you love or a team you love to hate, but they bring passion to the game. Red Sox bring some of that, but no where near the level the Yankees do.

Of course, this is one win... finally. Too many more to go, but I hope the starting pitching.... some coming back, will be decent enough to give them a run.
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by old goat Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:11 pm

Mad Lost another to the Red Sux.

Of all the teams that they play, there is only one that I loathe. The really tough thing is now my son is dating this girl who loves the Sux. I can't stand it. Crying or Very sad
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Fri May 11, 2007 10:42 am

Hey Goat, just be glad you're not a Texas Rangers fan Shocked
They can't even beat the Yankees
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by old goat Fri May 11, 2007 2:07 pm

I don't get what is going on with the Texas Rangers. I heard one commentator that the weather isn't great for pitching, better for hitting, so good pitchers don't really want to sign there.

Though, the Yankees got thumped last night. In baseball you just never know. A few injuries and the season looks entirely different.

Did you see Jay's pitcher Ryan is out for the season for Tommy John surgery? That hurts.

What do you make of Clemens signing with the Yankees? I am mixed about it. I think we needed his arm, but it is hard to justify the $$$$$$$ for him. Especially when he will at best produce about 5 more wins for the Yankees.
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Mon May 14, 2007 8:40 pm

The weather in dallas isn't good for anyone, pitchers or hitters.

As for Clemens, It'a a great deal for Clemens!

But really, the innings that he pitched last year, he was definately one of the best in the game that year. If he can pitch just 100 -120 great innings as he's capable of, AND the Yankees make the ALCS, he'll have been worth it.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by old goat Tue May 15, 2007 11:08 pm

What I like about the Clemens deal is that he is spending time with some of the new arms. Hughes is a real up and comer, he spent half an hour with Clemens going over mechanics. That is a real big plus for this pitcher.

Of course Boston has to start cooling off a bit to be able to catch up. The Yankees are in a big hole and while the pitching is coming around, the bats are now quiet.

Seems this is going to be one bumpy ride through the next 12 games. Those will make or break the spirit of the team. And Clemens may get here too late to make a real difference.

It will still be sweet to see Clemens pitching yet again for the Yanks.
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum