Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exclusive: Putin threatens to target Europe with missiles

5 posters

Go down

Exclusive: Putin threatens to target Europe with missiles Empty Exclusive: Putin threatens to target Europe with missiles

Post by Joahob Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:27 am

Exclusive: Putin threatens to target Europe with missiles

DOUG SAUNDERS

Globe and Mail Update
June 2, 2007 at 5:34 PM EDT

In an interview with the Globe and Mail, Russian President Vladimir Putin has threatened to target Europe with missiles, including potentially nuclear weapons, in a dramatic escalation of his Cold War-style showdown with the United States.

Mr. Putin, in an interview at his country residence outside Moscow, said he considers U.S. plans to build an eastern European anti-missile site to shoot down Iranian missiles a provocation aimed at Russia.

Asked what he might do to retaliate, he said he would return Russia to the Cold War status where missiles were aimed at European targets.

"It is obvious that if part of the strategic nuclear potential of the United States is located in Europe, and according to our military experts will be threatening us, we will have to respond," he said.
"What kind of steps are we going to take in response? Of course, we are going to get new targets in Europe."

He suggested that this could include powerful nuclear-capable weapons.

"What kind of means will be used to hit the targets that our military believe are potential threats to the Russian federation? This is a purely technical issue, be it ballistic missiles or cruise missiles, or some kinds of novel weapons systems - this is a purely technical issue."

Mr. Putin held a three-hour dinner interview with the Globe and Mail along with one newspaper from each of the G-8 nations. He defended his nation's economic policies and tough restrictions on political dissent, repeatedly criticized the U.S. as dangerous and hypocritical, and acknowledged that Russia needs to rid itself of corruption.

Source : http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070602.wputin01/CommentStory/International/home[/b]

Joahob
Infantry
Infantry

Number of posts : 72
Locale : Spaceship Earth
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Back to top Go down

Exclusive: Putin threatens to target Europe with missiles Empty Re: Exclusive: Putin threatens to target Europe with missiles

Post by Buzzy Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:52 pm

Putin is using fear mongering to support his reinstitution of the Soviet system and retaking the scattered nations of the old USSR. He's probably the most dangerous person on the face of the planet, from support for Chavez in Venezuela to arming the Iranians with advanced weaponry and atomic weapons capability.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Back to top Go down

Exclusive: Putin threatens to target Europe with missiles Empty Re: Exclusive: Putin threatens to target Europe with missiles

Post by Popov Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:20 pm

He's not arming the Iranians... i think it isn't as black and white as that - i agree with the other two points though - i think it's more, like i said before, helping the iranians so that they're "friends" with russia and so that america can't control that little chunk of arabia
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Character sheet
test: 1

https://conservative-life.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:21 pm

Iran has bought hundreds of advanced weapons systems from Russia plus fissionable material which Iran claims to be weaponizing for use in nuclear weapons. That is a fact. These weapons are also being used against US, coalition, and NATO troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Popov, you need to stop deluding yourself about Putin and his agenda to re enslave much of the former Soviet Union.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:17 am

ok you started off strong but then you just threw one out there, ill bet you, figuratively speaking, a million bucks that putin isn't going to recreate anything - ill go even further - conventional war between non-3rd world powers are over - never again in your lifetime will you see a war break out between one european power and another, between ex ussr powers and european powers or between world powers in general - it's just not gonna happen - and putin isn't gonna recreate the ussr, and "enslave" people by removing political freedoms and dealing weapons to this or that country. communism is a thing of the past, russia is steadily becoming a market based totalitarian state, but it's not gonna invade its neighbors and whatever measures its taking to ensure its "freedom" and "safety" it's all part of the same game both sides played during the Cold War
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:34 pm

Today that nutball tyrant Putin declared he owns the North Pole.

Santa is royally pissed about that cuz' Santa ain't no commie!
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:42 pm

Putin has a lot of nerves.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:03 am

I'm afraid that Putin isn't fooling anyone anymore except Popov.

You're aware that Russia admits to weapons sales to Iran.... right?

http://english.people.com.cn/200512/04/eng20051204_225496.html
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:01 am

yeah yeah, i made a mistake, but the important point i was trying to make was about war - as far as 1st/2nd world powers are concerned, it aint gonna happen between them - sure, there'll still be plenty of killin in the 3rd world, between those countries and also 1st/2nd world powers dueling it out in poor countries, but i have reason to believe that war per say between say china and america or russia and america isn't gonna happen - countries nowadays are just too intertwined commercially and otherwise for this to happen, now a 3rd world country whose infrastructure is fucked by one of the following - civil war (at least half of africa), bad gov't (zimbabwe), or total lack of natural resources (north korea), or really bad agriculture and total lack of natural resources and bad gov't Very Happy lol (north korea) - doesn't have that problem
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:43 pm

But exactly how is it really different when a 3rd world "Proxy" country attacks the US with Russian supplied arms rather than Russia launching them from home. Tehran chants "Death to America" and Putin pats them on the back and hands them everything they need to make nukes?

It's nothing but a re spin up of the cold war but Putin has put nuclear weaponry on the table, something even Stalin and those who came after him never did. So what's next, do we hand Poland nukes, maybe Georgia, maybe Saudi Arabia, Brazil?

Putin is as dangerously stupid as George Bush and both are total globalists and neither have their countries best interests at heart.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:23 pm

Buzzy wrote:

Putin is as dangerously stupid as George Bush and both are total globalists and neither have their countries best interests at heart.

Smile that goes without saying

it's the same for most of the worlds politicians, they all have debts to repay, to the people who got them into office, those are the ones running things behind the curtains

as for this debate, selling arms to Iran is good business and if it ticks off one of our main rivals, well then i guess that means bonus points! Very Happy
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:52 pm

Popov

I know many people online (mostly at Politically Uncensored) are saying that Putin is wanting to head back to the old glory of Mother Russia and the communist times. He seems to be heading that and is acting fishy. I just was curious on what your take is on all this.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:38 am

ok you want an overview? check out last weeks The Economist - there's a report several pages long that basically covers this topic. we're not heading back towards communism, there won't be another iron curtain, but from here on out the kremlin controls key resources and powerful businessmen have a choice - ally themselves with putin or stay out of politics
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:18 pm

So Putin wants to be a modern day Czar? Point taken.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:41 pm

Buzzy wrote:

No doubt about that.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum