Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feds Fear Summer Spectacular of Terror

3 posters

Go down

Feds Fear Summer Spectacular of Terror Empty Feds Fear Summer Spectacular of Terror

Post by GD2GO Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:15 am

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=3336148

Secret Document: U.S. Fears Terror 'Spectacular' Planned
Official Cites Resemblance to Warnings and Intelligence Before 9/11

By BRIAN ROSS, RHONDA SCHWARTZ and RICHARD ESPOSITO
July 1, 2007 —

A secret U.S. law enforcement report, prepared for the Department of Homeland Security, warns that al Qaeda is planning a terror "spectacular" this summer, according to a senior official with access to the document.

"This is reminiscent of the warnings and intelligence we were getting in the summer of 2001," the official told ABCNews.com.

U.S. officials have kept the information secret, and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said today on ABC News' "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" that the United States did not have "have any specific credible evidence that there's an attack focused on the United States at this point."

As ABCNews.com reported, U.S. law enforcement officials received intelligence reports two weeks ago warning of terror attacks in Glasgow and Prague, the Czech Republic, against "airport infrastructure and aircraft."

The warnings apparently never reached officials in Scotland, who said this weekend they had received "no advance intelligence" that Glasgow might be a target.

Homeland Security Secretary Chertoff declined to comment specifically on on the report today, but said "everything that we get is shared virtually instantaneously with our counterparts in Britain and vice versa."

Unlike the United States, officials in Germany have publicly warned that the country could face a major attack this summer, also comparing the situation to the pre-9/11 summer of 2001.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Feds Fear Summer Spectacular of Terror Empty Re: Feds Fear Summer Spectacular of Terror

Post by KSigMason Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:39 pm

I wonder if everyone realizes that most of these attacks and threats that have occured lately are more for intimidation and interference than anything else. Look at what holiday is coming up. They stir up the government to set-up their "security measures" and in turn it really just screws with law abiding citizens trying to enjoy their vacation.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Feds Fear Summer Spectacular of Terror Empty Re: Feds Fear Summer Spectacular of Terror

Post by Buzzy Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:01 am

I decoded the ABC article and found out it actually says that the Democrats are planning of summer of terror pirat

Actually I keep wondering if Pelosi went to Syria to broker a deal that the terrorists would lay off the US during the election campaign, since all it would take is one medium attack to ensure a Democratic loss.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:07 pm

Maybe Buzzy, maybe . . .

This recent talk of the "45 muslim doctors" has me wondering . . .

A lot of people were looking for somethking bad to happen on July4th, but the ragtangos have never really targeted specific days like that before. I still would not be surprised if the ragtangos at least tried to pull something big this summer.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:40 pm

In all seriousness it wouldn't surprise me. The Islamists are getting their butts whipped and need something to increase the value of their stock lest the faithful start wondering if Allah has forsaken them. Talk only works for so long. The Londonstan failures of the car bombs that didn't blow up was another strike against them. Pure faith value systems don't allow for personal failure or chance as reasons for failure. Allah makes the bombs go off and if the bombs don't go off that is allah's will too so since the bombs didn't go off and Islamists are dying in large numbers that must be their moongod's will. Not a good thing for their cult and hard to spin to boot.

Personally if I was in charge of Psywar that is exactly the spin I would put on it. Allah hates the Islamist and those who wage terrorism are Satan's tools.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down