Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucifer

2 posters

Go down

Lucifer Empty Lucifer

Post by KSigMason Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:00 am

During the last year I have frequented some conspiracy sites and met some...well, I'll call them "interesting" folks ranging from sheer unadulterated hate towards Freemasonry to a guy saying he is from another world and his ship was brought down by Freemasons. The most popular conspiracy that is said to be damning against Freemasonry is the Lucifer quote in Morals and Dogma written by Albert Pike.

LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darknesss! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual or selfish Souls ? Doubt it not!
The conspiracy theorists talk that since this quote speaks of Lucifer that Freemasons worship Satan.

There are several things wrong with condemning all of Freemasonry with this quote since Albert Pike wrote a book relevant only to a particular branch called the Scottish Rite. Scottish Rite is known for the 33rd degree, but even so is subordinate to the Blue Lodge (Craft Masonry which everyone must join before going to other branches such as York Rite, Shriners, Order of the Eastern Star, and so forth). As a final note, when he speaks of Light he speaks of knowledge, education.

I also looked into the Bible about Lucifer and found that only one verse speaks of this being.

Isaiah 14:12 - How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
From what I read many scholars still debate whether Lucifer is Satan or not.

It is curious to note that Lucifer means "Light bringer" in Latin and was denominated as the morning star. The morning star is of course the star that precedes the sun rise and we know this today to be the planet Venus.

In my search I also found this verse:

Revelations 22:16 - I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
What say you?
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Lucifer Empty Re: Lucifer

Post by Edwin D Gill Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:08 am

I'm not a biblical scholar by any stretch, but this is an angle I have never heard nor considered.

I suppose it's possible. I always thought of him as Satan, or The Devil.
Edwin D Gill
Edwin D Gill
Infantry
Infantry

Number of posts : 66
Locale : Usually traveling, but I call both Santa Clara CA and Las Vegas -- home
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum