Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new cost of 'The War on Drugs'

5 posters

Go down

The new cost of 'The War on Drugs' Empty The new cost of 'The War on Drugs'

Post by NonConformist Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:19 am

Our Second Amendment-

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=6960824&page=1

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
The Ban Expired in 2004 During the Bush Administration.
By JASON RYAN
WASHINGTON, Feb. 25, 2009

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.

"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said at a news conference on the arrest of more than 700 people in a drug enforcement crackdown on Mexican drug cartels operating in the U.S.

Mexican government officials have complained that the availability of sophisticated guns from the United States have emboldened drug traffickers to fight over access routes into the U.S.

A State Department travel warning issued Feb. 20, 2009, reflected government concerns about the violence.

"Some recent Mexican army and police confrontations with drug cartels have resembled small-unit combat, with cartels employing automatic weapons and grenades," the warning said. "Large firefights have taken place in many towns and cities across Mexico, but most recently in northern Mexico, including Tijuana, Chihuahua City and Ciudad Juarez."

At the news conference today, Holder described his discussions with his Mexican counterpart about the recent spike in violence.

"I met yesterday with Attorney General Medina Mora of Mexico, and we discussed the unprecedented levels of violence his country is facing because of their enforcement efforts," he said.

Holder declined to offer any time frame for the reimplementation of the assault weapons ban, however.

"It's something, as I said, that the president talked about during the campaign," he said. "There are obviously a number of things that are -- that have been taking up a substantial amount of his time, and so, I'm not sure exactly what the sequencing will be."

In a brief interview with ABC News, Wayne LaPierre, president of the National Rifle Association, said, "I think there are a lot of Democrats on Capitol Hill cringing at Eric Holder's comments right now."

During his confirmation hearing, Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee about other gun control measures the Obama administration may consider.

"I think closing the gun show loophole, the banning of cop-killer bullets and I also think that making the assault weapons ban permanent, would be something that would be permitted under Heller," Holder said, referring to the Supreme Court ruling in Washington, D.C. v. Heller, which asserted the Second Amendment as an individual's right to own a weapon.

The Assault Weapons Ban signed into law by President Klinton in 1994 banned 19 types of semi-automatic military-style guns and ammunition clips with more than 10 rounds.

"A semi-automatic is a quintessential self-defense firearm owned by American citizens in this country," LaPierre said. "I think it is clearly covered under Heller and it's clearly, I think, protected by the Constitution."
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 515
Locale : S. Florida
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.conservativecore.com

Back to top Go down

The new cost of 'The War on Drugs' Empty Re: The new cost of 'The War on Drugs'

Post by Remo Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:44 am

Good thing the only 'clips' I have hold 8 rounds of 30-06 for an M1.

Weren't the Repubs in the Senate going to block Holder? Another wimpout by the GOP.
Remo
Remo

Number of posts : 87
Locale : A secure location
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Yep, they also had the House and Senate for over a decade and did jack and shit with it...

I wonder if the NRA will hols firm or back out and compromise like they do so much lately
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Back to top Go down

Post by LACOP Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Unless Ted Nugent is running the NRA, they'll compromise
LACOP
LACOP
Infantry
Infantry

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 pm

The "war on drugs" is total bullshit. Reagan fucked us with it. His cunt Bill Bennet fucked us with it. Bush Sr. fucked us with it. Klinton fucked us with it. Dubya would have if he'd had the chance. Now the motherfucker in chief Obongo is going to try to fuck us with it.

I won't take it this time.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Look at this-

Pelosi throws cold water on assault-weapon ban
By Mike Soraghan
Posted: 02/26/09 11:59 AM [ET]

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.

The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.

Someone has remebered the lessons of the past!
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Back to top Go down

Post by Obama Rulz Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Gosh, you could lose your phallic symbols and America could be safer. That's horrible!
Obama Rulz
Obama Rulz
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:31 pm

Obama Rulz wrote:Gosh, you could lose your phallic symbols and America could be safer. That's horrible!

Show me where gun control has made anyone safer? Why is it Florida, who the Brady Campaign gives an F too, has a lower gun crime rate than Cali, who they score as an A?

Show me any nation in History, whos people ever benefited from gun control? If guns are the problem, then why did England and Australias crime rates EXPLODE after they passed sweeping gun control and confiscations?
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Back to top Go down

Post by Obama Rulz Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:41 pm

NonConformist wrote:
Obama Rulz wrote:Gosh, you could lose your phallic symbols and America could be safer. That's horrible!

Show me where gun control has made anyone safer? Why is it Florida, who the Brady Campaign gives an F too, has a lower gun crime rate than Cali, who they score as an A?

Show me any nation in History, whos people ever benefited from gun control? If guns are the problem, then why did England and Australias crime rates EXPLODE after they passed sweeping gun control and confiscations?

Britain, Japan, Sweden, Iceland, Singapore, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland: They all have MUCH lower crime than the US because they have sensible restrictions on weapons.
Obama Rulz
Obama Rulz
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Obama Rulz wrote:
NonConformist wrote:

Britain, Japan, Sweden, Iceland, Singapore, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland: They all have MUCH lower crime than the US because they have sensible restrictions on weapons.

Um in Switzerland, everyone has a Machine Gun at home for defense of their nation, Britains crime rate exploded after they banned most guns and their per capita crime rate is equal or greater than ours last i checked, Sigapore is a cesspool and Im not sure about the rest
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Back to top Go down

Post by Obama Rulz Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:55 pm

NonConformist wrote:

Um in Switzerland, everyone has a Machine Gun at home for defense of their nation, Britains crime rate exploded after they banned most guns and their per capita crime rate is equal or greater than ours last i checked, Sigapore is a cesspool and Im not sure about the rest

I can tell you haven't traveled to any of these places, as I have, so I'll try to be gentle with your tiny little thoughts and feed you the facts s l o w l y.

1) Switzerland. Males between the ages of 18 & 45 do keep machine guns in the house. But they must be locked up, along with the ammunition and they can not be used except in official training. They are accountable for each and every bullet. If they come up short they can be punished. There are no whack jobs carrying guns on their belt like here.

2) Britains crime rate has gone up because of the increase in poverty and damage to workers rights. Their violent crime rates are still far below the US.

3) Singapore, cesspool? You've never been there. That's a fact. Because if you had, or you knew ANYTHING about it you would know that it is the cleanest, most modern, most livable place in Asia with a fantastic standard of living and an INCREDIBLY LOW CRIME RATE.

If you want to argue facts with me, you'd better do your homework first son or prepare for a lesson.
Obama Rulz
Obama Rulz
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Obama Rulz wrote:

If you want to argue facts with me, you'd better do your homework first son or prepare for a lesson.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO Looks who talking, Mr rhetoric and BS himself and you say I need to get the facts straight.

Try pulling your head outta you ass for a while and come see the real world, and AFA 'son', You better watch that shit boy!

Singapore being such a great place there sure is a lot of crime and poverty, sure its the best the 3rd world has to offer in the Orient but it aint no paradise...
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Back to top Go down

Post by Remo Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:35 pm

NonConformist wrote:

Singapore being such a great place there sure is a lot of crime and poverty, sure its the best the 3rd world has to offer in the Orient but it aint no paradise...

I have to disagree as I once lived in Singapore.
Singapore is not 3rd world. It is first world modern, and one of our best allies in the war against islamofascism. It's more modern than any US city I've ever seen and there is almost no real poverty. Certainly less than we have. It's clean and neat, well organized, incredibly efficient, has a fantastic education system with it's own great schools and other great schools such as Johns Hopkins, SMU, Harvard and Cambridge have campuses there.
Crime is really low. You'd feel safe walking anywhere at any time. Safer than New York, Dallas, Chicago, Las Vegas or any other US City I know.

Paradise? No, that doesn't exist. It's small and a bit stifling.
Remo
Remo

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Ill have to say that its neither here nor there, besides you two ive yet to hear much good about it, then again I may be thinking of another place too...
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Okay, this covered a lot of territory in a few posts.

1 - The bit about Switzerland and the keeping of their machine guns locked and accounting for ammo is correct. To a point. You will see men carrying their Sig rifle around while in civilian clothes, but they have to be on their way to or from training. Also, let's face it, Switzerland is much more racially and culturally homogeneous and isolated than the US. The cops are first rate. And when you get caught they don't fuck around.

2- Singapore is a beautiful, prosperous FIRST WORLD nation. Far more modern than any city in the USA. Period. End of Sentence. Well, sort of. They do not have the liberties we have. Freedom of speech and assembly and even religion are closely monitored. It's modern, clean, prosperous and very safe -- but Big Brother controls it and you best not piss him off.

3- None of the above matters. The 2nd Amendment is not there to stop mugging. It is there as a last resort for an armed citizenry to STOP the government when it oversteps it's constitutional bounds in an extreme way. A time that we are becoming perilously close to.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Remo Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:25 pm

A person is either free, or he isn't. You can't have a little bit of liberty. Either the government stays out of your business or it doesn't.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."
Remo
Remo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: