Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russia Could Base Bombers in Cuba and Venezuala

+4
namvet
Popov
Remo
Madd Dogg
8 posters

Go down

Russia Could Base Bombers in Cuba and Venezuala Empty Russia Could Base Bombers in Cuba and Venezuala

Post by Madd Dogg Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Putin sense how weak Obama is and is rapidly closing a deal to base bombers near our shore.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.9776268a25e75ad5b44b4d87e8a32a02.4a1&show_article=1

Russia weighs Cuba, Venezuela bases: report Russia Could Base Bombers in Cuba and Venezuala LogoAFPsmall
Russia Could Base Bombers in Cuba and Venezuala Dot
Mar 14 07:30 AM US/Eastern
Russia Could Base Bombers in Cuba and Venezuala Dot

Russia
could use bases for its strategic bombers on the doorstep of the United
States in Cuba and Venezuela to underpin long-distance patrols in the
region, a senior air force officer said Saturday. "This is
possible in Cuba," General Anatoly Zhikharev, chief of the Russian air
force's strategic aviation staff, told the Interfax-AVN military news
agency. The comments were the latest signal that Moscow
intends to project its military capability in far-flung corners of the
globe despite a tight defence budget and hardware that experts consider
in many respects outdated. Zhikharev indicated that Russia was
looking only at occasional use of the facilities -- not setting up
permanent bases in the region. He noted that the Venezuelan
constitution prohibited establishment of military bases of foreign
states on Venezuelan territory and described the Russian possibile use
of the facility there as "we land, we complete the flight, we take
off." Zhikharev said Cuba had a several air bases equipped
with the long runways needed by the heavy bombers and said the
facilities there were "entirely acceptable" for use by the Russian
aircraft during long-distance patrols. "If the will of the two
states is there, the political will, then we are prepared to fly there"
to the bases in Cuba, the agency quoted Zhikharev as saying. The general also said that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez had offered
to let Russian strategic bombers use a military airfield on La Orchila
island, a military base off the west coast of the country. "Yes, there has been such a proposal from the Venezuelan president," Zhikharev said. "If a relevant political decision is made, this is possible," he added. Russia resumed patrols by its long-distance strategic bombers in August
2007 after a 15-year hiatus, noting at the time that it was mirroring
the United States which never suspended its global bomber patrols after
the Cold War. Last year, Russia temporarily based a pair of
Tu-160 bombers at an airbase in Venezuela in a carefully-choreographed
display of force regarded by as a warning message to the United States.
A Russian flotilla led by the nuclear-powered cruiser Peter the
Great also joined Venezuelan navy vessels for manoeuvres in the
Caribbean late last year, timed to coincide with a visit to the region
by President Dmitry Medvedev. The previous US administration
of George W. Bush officially shrugged off the Russian aviation and
naval moves in Latin America, characterising them as more for show than
anything representing a military worry for the United States. Last July however, a top US air force officer warned that Russia would
cross "a red line" if it were to base nuclear capable bombers in Cuba. "If they did, I think we should stand strong and indicate that is
something that crosses a threshold, crosses a red line for the United
States of America," said General Norton Schwartz said on July 23. The Interfax report said there were three types of Russian aircraft
capable of long-distance bomber patrols: The Tu-95MS, the Tu-160 and
the Tu-22. It was Tu-160 strategic bombers that were sent to
Venezuela for temporary basing last year. Each aircraft of this type is
capable of carrying 12 cruise missiles that can be fitted with nuclear
warheads.

Madd Dogg
FNG/Recruit
FNG/Recruit

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Russia Could Base Bombers in Cuba and Venezuala Empty Re: Russia Could Base Bombers in Cuba and Venezuala

Post by Remo Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:09 pm

All this while Obama spends all your grandkids money on crack pipes for the ghetto vermin.
Remo
Remo

Number of posts : 87
Locale : A secure location
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Russia Could Base Bombers in Cuba and Venezuala Empty Re: Russia Could Base Bombers in Cuba and Venezuala

Post by Popov Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:14 am

is obama's tax policy hurting your dream of a 4 door garage? hmmm? are you frustrated that your high income no longer gives you exclusive rights to good hospitals? damn those inner city kids who will be going to better schools and getting proper healthcare, oh the bastards in washington, i hate them
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Character sheet
test: 1

https://conservative-life.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 am

oh and as far as the bombers go - reality check this is not aggression this is a reaction to the missile shield crap you started in central europe under bush - it's cold war tactics all over again - two powers have to match each other in order to be able to dictate policies - if russia doesnt do shit it gives the US the upperhand in intl politics and vice versa - none of this military buildup is aimed at war - it's all about having a big stick so that people will respect your opinions and policies
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by namvet Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:37 am

Popov wrote:oh and as far as the bombers go - reality check this is not aggression this is a reaction to the missile shield crap you started in central europe under bush - it's cold war tactics all over again - two powers have to match each other in order to be able to dictate policies - if russia doesnt do shit it gives the US the upperhand in intl politics and vice versa - none of this military buildup is aimed at war - it's all about having a big stick so that people will respect your opinions and policies

hey Popov you sound like a communists or a liberal and Bush hater. stand up and be recognized. what's this you and your crap??? ever hear of the Cuban missile crisis or was that before your space ship landed from mars ???? so you approve of nuke weapons in this hemisphere ??? im just trying find out what you stand for.
namvet
namvet
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 399
Locale : Missouri
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by submarinepainter Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Chavez will be punished if he allows this
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 566
Locale : taxationland Maine
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Yes, our defending ourselves from incoming missiles is a sure sign of aggression!!! How dare we defend ourselves!

I guess I better get rid of my guns so I dont get attacked for being aggressive by wanting to protect myself from aggression
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 515
Locale : S. Florida
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.conservativecore.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:09 am

namvet wrote:
Popov wrote:oh and as far as the bombers go - reality check this is not aggression this is a reaction to the missile shield crap you started in central europe under bush - it's cold war tactics all over again - two powers have to match each other in order to be able to dictate policies - if russia doesnt do shit it gives the US the upperhand in intl politics and vice versa - none of this military buildup is aimed at war - it's all about having a big stick so that people will respect your opinions and policies

hey Popov you sound like a communists or a liberal and Bush hater. stand up and be recognized. what's this you and your crap??? ever hear of the Cuban missile crisis or was that before your space ship landed from mars ???? so you approve of nuke weapons in this hemisphere ??? im just trying find out what you stand for.

i dont put myself in one box - i don't side with anyone in particular - bush did some good, and russia isnt the face of evil just like islam isnt a fake religion - i stand with open minded people who make educated decisions made after carefully studying all options available - i never like the shoot first ask questions later approach that bush, and actually in a number of situations my native russia / ukraine make

as for this particular scenario, no im not from mars, i have covered the cuban missile crisis amongst other things during the numerous years i spent studying history in school and college - it was an intimidation tactic - just like putting the missile defense shield in nato countries, just like this is - of course there's a possibility of nuclear war

im not "for" anything - i just think it's a justfied reaction to the US placing the shield in central europe that's all

im not taking sides im just commenting
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:40 pm

We should have wiped out the russians in 1945-46. Every last one of them.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by namvet Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Patton: gimme 10 days and ill have us a war with those mongolid bastards and make it look like their fault. ill kick their ass's all the way back to moscow !!!"
namvet
namvet
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:09 am

namvet wrote:Patton: gimme 10 days and ill have us a war with those mongolid bastards and make it look like their fault. ill kick their ass's all the way back to moscow !!!"

yeah woohoo look at how well that worked out in iraq
russia's what, 30x bigger no? + by the end of the war the soviet war machine was in full throtle... remember? that's why you dropped the bomb on the japs - to prevent a soviet japan
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by namvet Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:20 am

Popov wrote:
namvet wrote:Patton: gimme 10 days and ill have us a war with those mongolid bastards and make it look like their fault. ill kick their ass's all the way back to moscow !!!"

yeah woohoo look at how well that worked out in iraq
russia's what, 30x bigger no? + by the end of the war the soviet war machine was in full throtle... remember? that's why you dropped the bomb on the japs - to prevent a soviet japan

yeah woohoo and look where they are today. and who won the cold war ???

yeah woohoo did we drop one on Iraq???

yeah woohoo that was the only reason we dropped the bombs???

yeah woohoo the US was at what strength at the end of war???

yeah woohoo whats under the oceans today with nuke missiles ???

yeah woohoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
namvet
namvet
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Back to top Go down

Post by submarinepainter Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:52 pm

whoooo hoooo !
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by NonConformist Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:52 am

Just think of all them oil rigs in the gulf, all that storage off the coast of NoLa and Texas, and all withing a east reach of RUssian Bombers from Cuba
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 515
Locale : S. Florida
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.conservativecore.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 am

lol, i love how yall still believe in conventional war between major powers
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by submarinepainter Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Popov wrote:lol, i love how yall still believe in conventional war between major powers

I Think we are practicing for smaller arenas in Iraq and Afghanstan and we will win.
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by libertarianandproud Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:47 am

I hate war but if they bring it , I will fight .
libertarianandproud
libertarianandproud
Infantry
Infantry

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by submarinepainter Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Popov wrote:lol, i love how yall still believe in conventional war between major powers

LOL , we are the super power!
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Remo Fri May 29, 2009 11:03 am

Russia isn't a major power. Only China and the US can be classified that way. And with this dinggong Obongo infecting the White House, the days of the US as a major power are probably nearing an end.
Remo
Remo

Number of posts : 87
Locale : A secure location
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down