Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russia plans major military build-up

4 posters

Go down

Russia plans major military build-up Empty Russia plans major military build-up

Post by KSigMason Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:54 pm

Russia is planning to buy new intercontinental ballistic missiles, nuclear submarines and possibly aircraft carriers as part of an ambitious military programme, it emerged yesterday.

FULL ARTICLE
Another variable in my look at China and our future wars.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Russia plans major military build-up Empty Re: Russia plans major military build-up

Post by Buzzy Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:43 am

It sure is.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me

Back to top Go down

Russia plans major military build-up Empty Re: Russia plans major military build-up

Post by biopiracy Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:31 am

IDARNG_Loki wrote:

Russia is planning to buy new intercontinental ballistic missiles, nuclear submarines and possibly aircraft carriers as part of an ambitious military programme, it emerged yesterday.

FULL ARTICLE
Another variable in my look at China and our future wars.

I think it was mark steyn who reported that in 10-30 years most of those in the russian military will be Muslim.

All those rockets in the hands of jihadists.
Shocked
biopiracy
biopiracy
FNG/Recruit
FNG/Recruit

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:01 pm

ahh you people with your crazy theories... there is so much shit you can say with predictions like that on so many different topics

just for the record

Russia is a predominantly Orthodox country, if anything the republics bordering our southern and south western neighbors are somewhat muslim, but those republics are not the majority of the country

what you're saying sounds like me predicting america becoming part of mexico in 20-30 years because the bordering states are crawling with mexicans

those republics might try breaking away ( which is why making sure chechnya stays russian is important - to show the others that civil war and breakaway states aren't welcome ) but its not like they're what make russia and its armed forces - far from it.

a soldier in any army swears allegiance to the country he's fighting for, it shouldn't matter what religion he is

during ww2 japanese americans defended your country, today, muslim russian soldiers, and im sure at least some muslim americans are fighting against muslims. what are you afraid of? you think brothers won't fight against each other over this or that - this is coming from a country with one of the world's most epic and bloody civil wars.....
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Character sheet

https://conservative-life.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:47 am

I make my predictions from civilian news media, military science & history, and world history. I read a lot of books, do a lot of research, and watch current events.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:47 am

What could you have been thinking Loki, the Russian Military swears allegiance to his country. Wait, could you have been thinking about that little incident in 1991? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_coup_attempt_of_1991

Or maybe you were thinking about when much of the military supported the overthrow of the Czar in 1917. (Do I really need to provide a linky on this one Popov).

Anyway the Muslims are only about 15 to 20% of the Russian population right now and even though their population is exploding while other Russian populations are in severe decline these peaceful and tolerant muslims would never overthrow the Russian government.

affraid
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:51 am

Buzzy wrote:What could you have been thinking Loki, the Russian Military swears allegiance to his country.
Yeah, what was I thinking. Russia's never betrayed us. [/sarc] Rolling Eyes
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:40 pm

Of course what you say is a possibility. But what I'm saying is that you can take any trend and show the worst case scenario with references and good backing and whatnot. Even though this is possible, I seriously doubt that it is probable.

But then again, at this point, anything is possible in Russia.
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:00 pm

But of course Popov, anything is possible almost anywhere and we're all facing a new and difficult to counter tactic, re population.

While western civilization was forced towards zero population growth, or even decline, the third world was moved towards a population explosion with medical programs and food subsidies from the first world countries. Multicultural nations who haven't properly assimilated all of their cultures or who haven't controlled their borders are seeing a voting public who represents other nations, religions, and cultures taking control of local areas, then regions, and finally the nations themselves.

We all also have to face the fact that our military and even our political leadership may not swear allegiance to the nation as much as to a religion or their predominant culture in the future.

The question is how do we combat this trend since the same forces that prescribed zero population growth also embraces the change in culture in our nations.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:13 pm

I think that there are many things to be said on the matter, and it is a very difficult thing to foresee and dissect... so I'm saying wait and see. I don't think religion is gonna be a major issue vis a vis the russian military... but who knows. I'm trying to stay optimistic. I don't want to see my own culture melt away to a foreign one, and my country fall apart due to unrest or whatnot. Obviously I'm not going to agree with the prediction, it's a possibility, but it's not one I want to think about.
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:46 pm

I understand, none of us wants to think about that possibility to any of our nations. Welcome to the curse of maturity and the preservation of the cultural status quo that is conservatism.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:34 pm

I don't think fearing the future and preserving the past is always a good thing. That's why I'm a moderate and not a conservative. Obviously allowing humanity to evolve in a lawless, b orderless anarchical state is not my aim, but using fear to clamp down on progress isn't my goal either. This is a practice that I have seen repeatedly in your world throughout the years. Conservatism in America has led to such hypocrisies as the contrast between the 16 year old driving age and the 21 year old drinking age, the patriot act etc. A healthy dose of fear is one thing. Making exaggerated predictions is another. You say that your claims concerning this point are backed by good men and their work - so is Al Gore's apocalyptic Powerpoint presentation, and in the past great men and notable scientists backed theories such as racism, the fact that water is bad for you and that a healthy layer of dirt keeps you protected from disease, or more recently that the millenium was going to kill us all because of the computer glitch. All of these theories seem ridiculous to us now, but in the past there were many a good man who backed them with firm conviction. This is why I'm always slow to back these ideas. Sure, separatism and religion are issues in parts of Russia. Yet I have reason to believe that these issues are not critical, and that our country has the means to deal with them if they are to become a serious problem in the future.
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down