Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British vets driven out of public pool

3 posters

Go down

British vets driven out of public pool Empty British vets driven out of public pool

Post by KSigMason Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:08 pm

Wounded Iraq veterans driven out of public pool when told they might scare children

Soldiers who suffered appalling injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan were verbally abused as they swam in a public swimming pool.

During a weekly rehabilitation class at a council leisure centre, 15 servicemen – including several who have lost limbs or suffered severe burns – were heckled and jeered by members of the public.

One woman was so incensed that the troops were using the pool at Leatherhead Leisure Centre in Surrey that she told them they did not deserve to be there.

She became increasingly abusive, screaming that it was wrong for staff to rope off a lane exclusively for the injured personnel from the nearby Headley Court rehabilitation centre.

The swimmer, thought to be in her 30s, is understood to have said: "I pay to come here and swim – you lot don't."

The abuse was witnessed by 79-year-old Korean War veteran Charles Murrin, who said yesterday: "I could not believe what she was saying.

"The lane was roped off, which they do every week. It wasn't as if the pool was completely closed. Her group had the rest of the pool to swim in.

FULL ARTICLE
I'm so pissed I can't even think! They are not American veterans, but they are vets nonetheless. They don't deserve this treatement. That woman would have been smacked or something if I had been there! They more than deserve that SINGLE lane!! Mad
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

British vets driven out of public pool Empty Re: British vets driven out of public pool

Post by Buzzy Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:35 pm

The Brits have sunk far lower than we have but 4 years of Hillary will put us about even.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Back to top Go down

British vets driven out of public pool Empty Re: British vets driven out of public pool

Post by GD2GO Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:14 pm

Buzzy wrote:The Brits have sunk far lower than we have but 4 years of Hillary will put us about even.

8 Years of Dubya isn't helping much either Sad
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down