Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conservatives rally for equality at Boise State

Go down

Conservatives rally for equality at Boise State Empty Conservatives rally for equality at Boise State

Post by KSigMason Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:13 pm

Conservatives rally for equality

“Jesse Jackson + Al Gore + Al Franken = Biased Education – Bring conservative speakers to campus,” was written in chalk in front of the Business and Economics Building Wednesday, Feb. 7.

Students and faculty stopped to read this statement. Some shook their heads, muttering obscenities as they passed. Others seemed to agree.

Nearby, on the Quad, students and community members protested the ratio of moonbat to conservative speakers brought to BSU, displaying signs with sayings including “Education, Not moonbat Propaganda”, “No more brainwashing at BSU”, “Show both sides” and “Education not Indoctrination.”

“If the university is going to pride itself in intellectual diversity, its speakers need to show the other side, which is conservatism,” protestor Dayna Halverson said.

According to fliers being handed out by protestors, BSU has spent an estimated $300,000 bringing in moonbat-leaning speakers in the past five years, as opposed to nothing being spent to bring in speakers with more conservative views.

“I pay student fees, I don’t want my fees going to only one political idea that is shown by the speakers brought here,” Halverson said.

This message was not accepted by everyone. Several passing students, among them Alan Brewington, stopped to argue with protestors.

“They’re trying to mask their opinions with words like diversity,” Brewington said. “ It’s not that they want diverse opinions here [at BSU], it’s that they want their own opinion here.”

Brewington went on to question the ratio of speaker statistics.
“moonbat and conservative are subjective terms,” Rolling Eyes Brewington said.

Chris Scott is one that believes the data. He has his own reasons as to why more conservative viewpoints are necessary.

“Colleges are generally more moonbat, so I feel that it is important that we have more conservative speakers,” Scott said.

According to Scott, if the university starts bringing in conservative speakers, it will prompt additional speakers to visit.

PROTESTORS IDEAS FOR CONSERVATIVE SPEAKERS :

-Ben Stein
-Rush Limbaugh
-Glenn Beck
-Michael Savage
-Ann Coulter
-Sean Hannity

SOURCE
Some of the letters to the editors in response to this was rediculous and laughable at best. Nothing but basic ignorant moonbat dribble trying to smear this cause.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down