Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian Political Candidate Admits Cheering on 9/11

2 posters

Go down

Canadian Political Candidate Admits Cheering on 9/11 Empty Canadian Political Candidate Admits Cheering on 9/11

Post by Hasdrubal Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:04 am

Kevin Potvin, who runs a magazine store in Vancouver, was acclaimed as the party's candidate in Vancouver-Kingsway. But he has sparked controversy over his column, entitled A Revolting Confession, which was written after the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001 and appeared in his online magazine The Republic.

In the column, he said that "when I saw the first tower cascade down … there was a little voice inside me that said, 'Yeah!'

"When the second tower came down the same way, that little voice said, 'Beautiful!'

"When the visage of the Pentagon appeared on the TV with a gaping and smoking hole in its side … I felt an urge to pump my fist in the air."

He added that "whenever I passed a TV or newspaper with a report on the ensuing U.S. war to capture Osama bin Laden, I secretly said to myself, 'Go, Osama, Go!'"

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/04/13/green-column.html

Hasdrubal
FNG/Recruit
FNG/Recruit

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Back to top Go down

Canadian Political Candidate Admits Cheering on 9/11 Empty Re: Canadian Political Candidate Admits Cheering on 9/11

Post by old goat Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:55 am

I just don't understand anyone celebrating death and destruction. Sadly, I believe there are many, even in the US who quietly cheered this event.

Even more revolting though, was the lamentations from the leftists who were sad it happened under Bush rather than Clinton. ONLY for his "legacy".
old goat
old goat
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 255
Locale : Syracuse, NY - the Liberal Mecca State
Registration date : 2007-01-17

http://yankeefansunite.eamped.com/

Back to top Go down