Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless

4 posters

Go down

Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless Empty Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless

Post by Old War Scout Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:15 am

Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless

Fri, Feb 27 01:15 PM

London, February 27 (ANI): Acting legend Clint Eastwood , 79, apparently believes that political correctness has rendered modern society humourless, for he accuses younger generations of spending too much time trying to avoid being offensive.

The Dirty Harry star insists that he should be able to tell harmless jokes about nationality without fearing that people may brand him "a racist".

"People have lost their sense of humour. In former times we constantly made jokes about different races. You can only tell them today with one hand over your mouth or you will be insulted as a racist," the Daily Express quoted him as saying.

"I find that ridiculous. In those earlier days every friendly clique had a 'Sam the Jew' or 'Jose the Mexican' - but we didn't think anything of it or have a racist thought. It was just normal that we made jokes based on our nationality or ethnicity. That was never a problem. I don't want to be politically correct.

We're all spending too much time and energy trying to be politically correct about everything," he added.
Old War Scout
Old War Scout
FNG/Recruit
FNG/Recruit

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless Empty Re: Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless

Post by NonConformist Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:14 pm

I like him more and more all the time...
NonConformist
NonConformist
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 515
Locale : S. Florida
Registration date : 2008-02-26

http://www.conservativecore.com

Back to top Go down

Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless Empty Re: Eastwood thinks political correctness has made society humourless

Post by LACOP Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:19 pm

His movie Gran Torino was excellent. And not at all PC. He should have won another Oscar for it.
LACOP
LACOP
Infantry
Infantry

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by submarinepainter Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:16 pm

he is right , I mean if something is said in jest than it it a joke , if something is said in malice then it isn't funny but free speech trumps . what I hate about liberals is they want free speech for everyone that agree with them and silence to the rest
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 566
Locale : taxationland Maine
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Old War Scout Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Gran Torino was great. And whatever happened to all the stupid polock, drunk irish and cheap jew jokes? Society began breaking down when broads started burning their bras and trying to act like men.
Old War Scout
Old War Scout
FNG/Recruit
FNG/Recruit

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down