Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey, look over here

+2
GD2GO
Bilbo Baggins
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hey, look over here - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey, look over here

Post by Bilbo Baggins Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:54 pm

That is your right, well, I don't know about New Zealand's rights/freedoms, but in America yes, that is the citizen's right.

I'm not suggesting I couldn't under the law, but that such an act would be hateful and unacceptable to society as a whole, where tolerance of other beliefs and cultures is encouraged.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
The guy who makes it interesting

Number of posts : 390
Locale : New Zealand
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:46 pm

Too much debate.

Round up the islamists and be done with it already.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:57 am

iluvfreebeer wrote:Too much debate.

Round up the islamists and be done with it already.
Always to the point aren't ya beer? Laughing
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:57 am

Looking around lately I think that atheists may be a bigger problem than the jihad types. Scarcely a day goes by that some sniveling anti Christian doesn't start bitching about how his rights are trampled because a Christian has the gall to invoke their faith publically.

Apparently the whole damned nation has fogotten that the USA was founded as a Christian nation which would be tolerant of all other religions.

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said:

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.

Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law . an oligarchy the rule of few over many.

And Thomas Jefferson was correct in his concern. The question now is what are we going to do to make this right once again? Secularism is just a ruse for the few to rule over the many.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:08 am

iluvfreebeer wrote:
Popov wrote:damn, remember i went through that phase ? - denial, frustration, etc ah the good old days - sigh -

bilbo - this is the kind of guy beer is, love it or leave it

And now popov and I just accept each other for what we are.
And we'd probably have a hell of time with some good wine, beer and a bar full of chicas!!! Very Happy Very Happy

ai mucho gusto senor ! one day maybe if i ever do the road trip across america i've been dreaming about since i was 15..
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Character sheet

https://conservative-life.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:13 am

Bilbo Baggins wrote:
or maybe that whole "thou shalt not kill" thing just sticks in your craw?

For a country that still has the death penalty thats an interesting point to make.

ok i sped through the replies after this post but i just want to highlight this one thing bilbo said... the man has a point.
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:41 am

Does "has a point" somehow equal "childishly simple but still wrong point" in your universe?

"Thou Shalt Not Kill" is nearly universally taken to translate into "Thou Shalt Not Murder". Murder is the unlawful taking of a human life and if a State allows the death penalty then taking a life under color of law is equally as legal as taking a life in defense of your own, or someone else's, life.

So in BB's universe the State can't take a persons life because their law does not allow it while in my universe the SOB is paid for once he steps foot in my house or makes a suspicious move once I've told him to stay very still.

I'm always amused at the anti war sheeple who call war "murder" right up until they find a war they want. Exactly the point with Iraq v Darfur. They hate Iraq and want us involved in Darfur while they don't give a squat about a dozen other places where genocide is being carried out. I watched the same thing during Bosnia and figured out that the Democrats Islamic masters only like it when we kill Christians.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:35 pm

Popov wrote:
Bilbo Baggins wrote:
or maybe that whole "thou shalt not kill" thing just sticks in your craw?

For a country that still has the death penalty thats an interesting point to make.

ok i sped through the replies after this post but i just want to highlight this one thing bilbo said... the man has a point.

It's no point at all.
Nowhere in the Ten Commandments does it say thou shalt not kill. That is a misinterpretation of the Aramaic.
In fact, the correct translation is thou shalt not do murder.

But since liberals have a medically proven retardation of the hippocampus I don't expect them to be able to follow such nuances.
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbo Baggins Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Scarcely a day goes by that some sniveling anti Christian doesn't start bitching about how his rights are trampled because a Christian has the gall to invoke their faith publically.

Hey, if you wanna pray in the streets or tell me about why God and faith is great, go ahead. I don't have to believe it, or go out converting with you, but I have no right to stop you doing that. However, if a person is forced to subscribe to a religious belief in the public sphere (public schools etc) to 'fit in' and be a 'team player', that I do have a problem with. Freedom of worship, and freedom to abstain from it, thats my belief.

Nowhere in the Ten Commandments does it say thou shalt not kill. That is a misinterpretation of the Aramaic.
In fact, the correct translation is thou shalt not do murder.

I'll admit that I don't know what translation is accurate, but I see the death penalty as murder itself. How can you punish someone who takes a life by doing the same to them? Its something that I can never agree with. All life is precious, and even if someone has behaved in an evil manner, I don't think we have should have the power to take away their right to life. Maybe in a sense I do have a little spirituality in me as I regard every human life as sacred.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins

Number of posts : 390
Locale : New Zealand
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by GD2GO Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:52 am

BB - In theory I have no problem with the death penalty. An eye for an eye and so on. It can be somewhat of a detterrent, but even if it isn't, more importantly it is just.
In practice however, I've seen too many cases of govt corruption, malfeasance and incompetence to trust the govt doing this in all but the most extreme cases (ie, Chuck Manson should have been in the gas chamber decades ago . . . but look at what the govt did to two hero Border Patrol Agents, Ramos and Campion. It's not the death penalty, but their lives have wrongly been ruined.)
GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Character sheet
test:

Back to top Go down

Post by Popov Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:15 am

woah.. not the reaction i was expecting, i just thought there was a little irony there that's all
Popov
Popov
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Auschlander88 Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:25 pm

iluvfreebeer wrote:
Bilbo Baggins wrote:How about we take it one step further and work towards getting rid of all religion?

Before we try that we should give every liberal a plastic bag and roll of duct tape to suffocate themselves with.
It will reduce their carbon footprint and help the environment

Now THAT is a grand idea!Very Happy
Auschlander88
Auschlander88
Infantry
Infantry

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content