Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cops in Houston using secret unmanned surveillance aircraft

3 posters

Go down

Cops in Houston using secret unmanned surveillance aircraft Empty Cops in Houston using secret unmanned surveillance aircraft

Post by GD2GO Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:19 pm

GD2GO
GD2GO
The REAL Infidel Warlord
The REAL Infidel Warlord

Number of posts : 1108
Locale : In the space between reality and possibility.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Character sheet
test:

http://www.specialops.org

Back to top Go down

Cops in Houston using secret unmanned surveillance aircraft Empty Re: Cops in Houston using secret unmanned surveillance aircraft

Post by KSigMason Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:08 pm

Hey a UAV! I fly those...well, not that type, but I fly a UAV nonetheless.

In the civilian world, UAV can be used for some great things, such as search & rescue. The reporter made it sound like the HPD would be nothing more than a bunch of peeping toms looking into peoples houses and cars whenever it wasa in the air.

What the the HPD thinking doing the test so close to the city. Are there not more wide open spaces they could have used. Plus I'm surprised they didn't ask the FAA to restrict the airspace, just to stop any collision. Shame on the news helicopter for following them, horrible aviation ethics.

Montalvo told reporters the unmanned aircraft would be used for "mobility" or traffic issues, evacuations during storms, homeland security, search and rescue, and also "tactical." She admitted that could include covert police actions and she said she was not ruling out someday using the drones for writing traffic tickets.
Storms? I fly a heavier UAV and we are not allowed to fly it in shitty weather. Likely to crash.

What do the Texans think about this?
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 387
Locale : Boise, ID
Registration date : 2007-01-24

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

Cops in Houston using secret unmanned surveillance aircraft Empty Re: Cops in Houston using secret unmanned surveillance aircraft

Post by Buzzy Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:30 pm

I've been thinking about strapping a certain Lt's ass to a weather baloon and cutting the mooring lines, does that count.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 281
Locale : Pretty much anywhere they send me

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:47 pm

Buzzy wrote:I've been thinking about strapping a certain Lt's ass to a weather baloon and cutting the mooring lines, does that count.
You won't collect too much intel...he's a Lt.
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:51 pm

But the pure joy of seeing his fat ass floating away on the breeze will bouy my spirits forever. I could give him a HT so we can listen to him rant and scream.
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by KSigMason Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:53 pm

Buzzy wrote:But the pure joy of seeing his fat ass floating away on the breeze will bouy my spirits forever. I could give him a HT so we can listen to him rant and scream.
Well, when you put it that way...
KSigMason
KSigMason
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzy Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:55 pm

Cool
Buzzy
Buzzy
Paratrooper
Paratrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down