Conservative Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McKellen, New Zealand location confirmed for Hobbit films

2 posters

Go down

McKellen, New Zealand location confirmed for Hobbit films Empty McKellen, New Zealand location confirmed for Hobbit films

Post by submarinepainter Sun May 25, 2008 5:52 am

Sun May 25, 2:29 AM ET

WELLINGTON (AFP) - Sir Ian McKellen will return in the role of Gandalf for two big-budget movies based on the JRR Tolkein book "The Hobbit," the films' director Guillermo del Toro confirmed Sunday.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080525/ennew_afp/entertainmentnzealandfilmjacksonhobbit_080525062916
I thought Bilbo Would like this post!
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Number of posts : 566
Locale : taxationland Maine
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Character sheet
test: 1

Back to top Go down

McKellen, New Zealand location confirmed for Hobbit films Empty Re: McKellen, New Zealand location confirmed for Hobbit films

Post by Bilbo Baggins Fri May 30, 2008 3:15 am

I had forgotten about this post. I read many of Tolkein's books when I was much younger and I absolutely loved them. They are brilliant and I can return to them at anytime and find new things to appreciate. The man was a genius and his creativity in creating such an amazing fantastical world just boggles the mind. I hope these new films are good, but I know that they will never be able to do justice to the book.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
The guy who makes it interesting

Number of posts : 390
Locale : New Zealand
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

McKellen, New Zealand location confirmed for Hobbit films Empty Re: McKellen, New Zealand location confirmed for Hobbit films

Post by submarinepainter Fri May 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Bilbo Baggins wrote:I had forgotten about this post. I read many of Tolkein's books when I was much younger and I absolutely loved them. They are brilliant and I can return to them at anytime and find new things to appreciate. The man was a genius and his creativity in creating such an amazing fantastical world just boggles the mind. I hope these new films are good, but I know that they will never be able to do justice to the book.

I read them all in the Army and enjoyed the Movies Also , Bilbo is NZ a big movie locale?
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbo Baggins Fri May 30, 2008 6:56 pm

Well it has received a lot more attention since the LOTR's trilogy (and to a lesser extent the Narnia movies). I guess for those epic-type movies that require breath-taking scenery then NZ is a good choice. I think it might have been under-appreciated location in the past and is now getting a bit more well deserved attention.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins

Number of posts : 390
Locale : New Zealand
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by submarinepainter Sat May 31, 2008 5:58 am

Bilbo Baggins wrote:Well it has received a lot more attention since the LOTR's trilogy (and to a lesser extent the Narnia movies). I guess for those epic-type movies that require breath-taking scenery then NZ is a good choice. I think it might have been under-appreciated location in the past and is now getting a bit more well deserved attention.

it is nice to have beautiful scenery is it not? I live in a very beautiful area of the States !!
submarinepainter
submarinepainter
Ranger Qualified
Ranger Qualified

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down